FEES, DISCOUNTS & FINANCIAL AID
As of May 2020 we’ve made some changes to camp, which you can learn about on our COVID-19 information page.
Camp fees for summer 2020 are as follows. These fees have been updated as of May 2020 to reflect the changes to camp that we’ve made for this summer due to COVID-19.
Preschool Camps (Pashoshim & Katan)
- Half Day, 5-week session: 9:00am-12:30pm, $1533
- Full Day, 5-week session: 9:00am-4:30pm, $2340
Camp Shalom To Go (grades K-8)
Campers entering kindergarten in the fall: $150/week
Campers entering grades 1-8 in the fall: $200/week
Camp Shalom SPECIALTY To Go (grades 1-8)
Fee for specialty camps (except for Food Explorers) is $250/week.
Fee for the Food Explorers specialty camp is $225/week.
The price for Food Explorers is slightly lower than for other specialty camps because families with children in Food Explorers will need to purchase some of their own supplies (ingredients for the recipes).
Last Day to Register: June 1, 2020
Campers must be registered and paid in full by June 1, 2020. Registrations received after May 1 are subject to availability and are not guaranteed. Registrations received after June 1 must be received no later than 2 weeks prior to a session start date.
This allows us to staff appropriately for the summer.
- Cancellations and withdrawals must be submitted in writing to Alix Davidson, Camp Director, at email@example.com.
- Cancellation of entire registration prior to June 1, 2020 will result in a full refund (less the non-refundable deposit). After June 1, no refunds will be granted (unless we have to cancel camp due to COVID-19).
- If Camp Shalom needs to run on an altered schedule due to COVID-19, you will be presented with the option to change camp weeks, receive a full refund, use your payment to reserve your spot for next year, or to donate your tuition to support Camp Shalom.
- No refunds are given for vacations, sick days, or other absences from camp. Unused camp days cannot be refunded or substituted with additional camp days.
- Subject to availability, a registration transfer from one Camp Shalom program to another may be made at no additional charge up to two weeks prior to the original camp start date through a written request (email, letter or fax) to the Camp Director. Transfer requests submitted within two weeks of the original camp start date may be possible and will be subject to a $25 administrative fee.
- In its sole and absolute discretion, Camp Shalom may withdraw a camp participant from camp for any reason. If Camp Shalom withdraws a camp participant from camp, a pro-rated refund of camp registration fees will be granted for the period after the withdrawal. No credits or refunds will be issued if your child is asked to leave Camp Shalom for breaking the camper behavior contract.
- If a camp participant is voluntarily withdrawn after a camp begins by a parent or guardian, a pro-rated refund of camp registration fees will not be granted by Camp Shalom.
- If Camp Shalom cancels a camp for any reason, you will receive a credit or a full refund.
Camp Shalom provides a limited number of camperships (need-based scholarships) to campers who qualify. Scholarship applications for summer camp are due on April 24, 2020. Applicants will be informed of scholarship decisions by May 15. To apply for a scholarship, please submit the following items to the camp office or firstname.lastname@example.org:
- camp registration form
- scholarship application form
- your most recent tax return
- recent pay stubs or W-2
- A brief personal statement, describing your need and how this JCC program would benefit your child.
All scholarship applications should be submitted to Carolina Sandoval, in the APJCC Membership Office or by email to email@example.com. All items must be submitted in order to apply for financial aid. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please contact the camp office at 408.357.7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Camp Shalom Summer Camp scholarships are made possible, in part, by a grant from Jewish Federation of Silicon Valley.