FAQ & Policies for Katan Preschool Program
What to Bring
Before camp starts, each family will receive a Family Handbook where you’ll find updated information and a packing list. The basics include:
- Water bottle
- Extra set of clothing, including shoes & facemask
- Two week supply of diapers & wipes (if not potty trained)
- Closed-toe shoes
- Comfortable clothing that can get dirty
- On swim days:
- Bathing suit
- Shoes to wear to and from the pool
- Goggles (optional)
- Swim diaper (children under 4)
PLEASE LABEL EVERYTHING WITH YOUR CHILD’S NAME.
All food provided by camp (snack, cooking time, etc.) will be kosher-style, vegetarian, and nut-free. All food that campers bring from home must be vegetarian as well (fish is okay, with the exception of shellfish).
Please do not send your camper with meat, shellfish, peanuts, or tree nuts in their lunches. We are an allergy-aware camp. For a list of yummy lunch ideas see the Camp Shalom Family Handbook.
- Staggered drop off will begin at 8:30 am
- Please park your vehicle and walk to the outside door of your child’s classroom (refer to provided map) and line up on the physically-distanced marked spaces
- A teacher will check your child’s temperature and provide you with a daily health check to fill out & sign.
Pick Up: 12:00 pm for half-day classes | 4:00 pm for full-day classes | 5:30 pm for extended day classes
Early Pick-Up/ Late Drop-Offs:
- If you arrive after your drop-off window or need to pick your child up early, please enter the building through the school/ camp lobby and proceed directly to your child’s classroom.
- If you need to pick your child up early, we request that you give your child’s teachers advance notice so they can prepare your child before their pickup time.
Teachers will send home a daily email with an overview of the group’s day.
You can always contact our preschool camp office, 408.357.7417 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to speak with our knowledgeable staff. You are also welcome to reach out to your child’s teachers directly via email for classroom-specific questions.
- Campers in 3-year-old groups will use the toddler pool once per week for a fun & safe recreational swim time, staffed by certified lifeguards.
- Campers in both our 4 and 5-year-old age groups will enjoy weekly swim time in the shallow end of our pool, staffed by certified lifeguards
- On your child’s water day(s), please send them to camp with a towel, wearing their swimwear, sunscreen, & water diaper (if under 4 years old), and with a change of clothes for afterward.
- All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
- Cancellations prior to May 18, 2023 will receive a full refund less the $250 per session deposit, this deposit will then be a CREDIT on your account to be used for future APJCC Programming.
- Cancellations from May 18, 2023 until two weeks prior to program start date will receive a refund less the $250 per session deposit, which will be forfeited in its entirety and may NOT be used as a credit for other APJCC programs.
- Cancellations within two weeks of camp are not eligible for a refund or credit .
- If an entire Katan session or program is canceled, you will receive a full refund. A “session” or “program” is defined as the full, five-week program for which you have enrolled.
- There are NO refunds for any emergency closure days fewer than 5 camp days. If a closure goes beyond 5 camp days, a prorated refund of prepaid camp fees will be issued for the days over 5 until Katan is reopened. This policy addresses all emergencies which force the APJCC to close the school facility due to unforeseen circumstances or emergencies. Emergency closures include, but are not limited to: weather emergencies, natural disasters, threats, power outages, Covid-19 or other unknown pandemics. Emergency closures of Camp Shalom and the Levi Family Campus could be mandated by: Jewish Silicon Valley Board or Directors or CEO, County of Santa Clara, Town of Los Gatos, State of California, Federal Government, or other agencies.
- There are no refunds or credits for days missed due to illness, travel, or any other reasons.