FAQ & Policies for Grades 1-10
In continuing to follow state and county guidelines regarding Covid regulations we are still taking health and safety just as seriously as ever. We are continually monitoring state and local regulations, and updating our policies based on these directions and guidelines.
Face Mask Policy
All campers ages 2 and older are expected to wear face coverings at all times while attending camp, unless they are napping, eating, or drinking, in which case they should still keep their face coverings with them to put back on when they are done. Face coverings are not required for anyone if it is medically inadvisable for a person to wear one. Face masks must be worn to the and from the pool.
All classrooms will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized each evening. Frequently touched surfaces such as tables, door handles, and bathroom fixtures will be wiped with disinfectant at regular intervals. Surfaces and spaces that are shared by multiple groups will be sanitized between uses.
In the event of a direct COVID-19 exposure at Camp Shalom, the following measures will be taken:
- Details regarding the COVID positive person’s location in the building will be reported to the JSV Director of Operations and the JSV Human Resources Director in order to facilitate proper communication, and a report will then be made to the Levy Family Campus Facility Director to begin disinfecting of spaces and equipment.
- Families of campers who may have been exposed to the virus by the person who tested positive for the virus will be informed of the exposure. No personal details regarding the infected person’s identity will be shared.
- Any space occupied by the COVID positive individual and any equipment that they used will be properly cleaned and disinfected.
- If a camper or staff member has been diagnosed with or in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, we will follow guidance from the Santa Clara County Public Health Department to determine when the camper or staff member can return to Camp Shalom and the campus.
- In the event that your camper’s group is closed or temporarily suspended due to confirmed exposure to COVID-19, you will receive a prorated refund for any time period beyond the first 24 hours that the camp group is suspended.
Before camp starts, each family will receive a Family Guidebook where you’ll find updated information and What to Bring to Camp. The basics include:
- Backpack/Carry Bag
- Closed toe shoes
- Extra Clothes – we are outside rain or shine!
- Sunscreen (spray is preferable!)
- Change of clothes (we suggest a large ziploc bag labeled with campers name)
- On swim days:
- Bathing suit
- Shoes to wear to and from the pool
- Goggles (optional)
- Puddle Jumper or Life Jacket (MUST be U.S. Coast Guard Approved)
- Reusable Water bottle(s)
- Snack (Morning & Afternoon)
- Comfortable clothing that can get dirty
- Face Mask (including extra masks if they get wet or dirty)
PLEASE LABEL EVERYTHING WITH YOUR CAMPER’S NAME.
- Subject to availability, a registration transfer from one Camp Shalom program to another may be made at no additional charge up to two weeks prior to the original camp start date through a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transfers requests submitted within two weeks of the original camp state date are subject to availability and will be subject to a $25 administrative fee per transaction.
- Once a camper has started a camp program, we are unable to transfer them to a different group
Cancellation of entire registration prior to May 21, 2021 will result in a full refund (less the non-refundable deposit). After May 21, your deposits will be converted to a credit in your account. You can use this credit for any future Camp Shalom or Addison-Penzak JCC programs.
Requesting a refund
- All refund requests must be submitted in writing to the camp director by emailing email@example.com prior to May 21, 2021.
- Cancellation of entire registration prior to May 21, 2021 will result in a full refund, less the non-refundable deposit.
- After May 21, your deposits will be converted to a credit in your account. You can use this credit for any future Camp Shalom or APJCC programs.
What happens if camp is cancelled?
If Camp Shalom cancels a camp session for any reason, you will receive a credit or a full refund, including your deposit.
In the event that your camper’s group is temporarily closed due to confirmed exposure to COVID-19, you will receive a prorated refund for any time period beyond the first 24 hours that the camp group is suspended. If the group reconvenes and you choose not to attend, you will receive a prorated refund based on the time period beyond the first 24 hours that the camp group is suspended.
What happens if my camper is asked to leave camp?
In its sole and absolute discretion, Camp Shalom may withdraw a camp participant from camp for any reason. If Camp Shalom withdraws a camp participant from camp, a prorated refund of camp registration fees will be granted for the period after the withdrawal. No credits or refunds will be issued if your child is asked to leave Camp Shalom for breaking the Camper Code of Conduct.
No refunds are given for vacations, sick days*, or other absences from camp. Unused camp days cannot be refunded or substituted with additional camp days.
* Sick days due to COVID-19 illness or exposure will receive a refund, as described above.
- All food provided by Camp Shalom (snack, cooking time, etc.) will be kosher-style, vegetarian, and nut-free. All food that campers bring from home must be vegetarian as well (fish is okay, with the exception of shellfish).
- Please do not send your camper with meat, shellfish, peanuts, or tree nuts in their lunches. We are an allergy-aware camp.
- Campers in traditional camp will participate in cooking several times per week. If your child has allergies or dietary restrictions, please let us know ahead of time so we can coordinate alternate ingredients or activities.
- At this time the cafe at the JCC is closed. We currently are unable to offer lunches for purchase.
Looking for yummy lunch ideas?
Yogurt with Granola Veggie Burgers
Egg Salad Mac and Cheese
Raw Veggies and Ranch Dressing Fresh Fruit
Egg Salad/Tuna Salad Sandwich Tuna salad
Bean and Cheese Burrito Bagels
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Quesadillas
Bagel & Cream Cheese Fish (no shellfish)
Spaghetti/ Pasta Salad
Matzah Pizza Bagel Pizza
Matzah Brei Cheese / Veggie Pizza
Hard Boiled Egg Vegetable Sushi
Times for Grades 1-10
- Drop Off: Staggered drop-off times will begin at 8:45am. Camp begins at 9:15am.
- Pick Up: 4:00pm
Staggered Drop- Off
You will be assigned a staggered drop-off time based on your camper’s group. We will assign and communicate these times by email in the week prior to your first day of camp.
All campers in 1st-10th grade will check in using the Procare app. You will receive instructions, but can download the Procare App in advance.
Prior to the start of your campers program, families will receive Procare Instructions and Welcome Email with additional instructions.
All families must use the Procare App for checking in and out your campers. We do not offer a paper form or other option.
Car Drop-Off & Pick-Up Only (no walk-ups)
- All drop-off and pick-up for 1st-10th grade will be via carpool line only. Please do not park or exit your vehicle.
- When you arrive, please have your child wait in the car with you until a Camp Shalom staff member approaches. Please make sure you and your camper are wearing masks and have all of their items for camp in the vehicle (do not place items in trunk)
- Staff will open the vehicle doors and take your child’s temperature. Once clear they will assist your camper out of the vehicle.
- When picking up your child please wait in your vehicle and our staff will walk your camper(s) to your car.
No cellphones. For everyone’s safety, please refrain from cell phone use in the carpool lane.
Once your vehicle is stationary then you may use the phone to check-out your camper.
- If you arrive after 9:15am, please park your vehicle. Walk your camper to the front doors where security will meet you.
- Security will meet you at the door and notify camp of your arrival. Please do not leave yet.
- A Camp Shalom Staff will come to the main doors, take your campers temperature and ensure you checked them in via the Procare App. We will then escort your camper to their respective group.
- Campers who need to be picked up early from the camp day require at least 24 hours in advance notice via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The last early pick-up available is at 3:30pm.
- Once you park please call (408)357-7416 and let us know you have arrived. Please wait at the main entrance where a camp staff will meet you with your camper; be sure to have your Procare App ready to show you have checked out your camper.
- There are no early pickups between 3:30pm-4:00pm as we are working to get all campers ready to leave for the day.
- Should you arrive for your early pick-up after 3:30pm we will be unable to accommodate.
What happens if I am late to pick up?
We know emergencies and traffic happen!
Should your camper not be picked up at the end of the camp, a $15.00 fee for the first 5 minutes will be charged for each camper not picked up by 4:20pm, or any fraction thereof, and a $2.00 per minute per child fee will be charged every minute thereafter.
If your child is enrolled in extended care, and you arrive after 6:00pm a fee of $15.00 per child for the first 5 minutes, or any fraction thereof, and a $2.00 per minute per child fee will be charged thereafter.
If your child is not picked up 45 minutes after the end of the camp day or at the conclusion or extended care, we will call CPS. Their telephone number is (408)299-2071.
Late fees can be paid by cash or check on the day of, or a credit card form confirming Name, Address, card type, last four digits of card, expiration date and CVC code. Payments must be made prior to the next date of attendance. A Late Pick-Up Form will be completed at time of pick-up.
What if my camper will be absent from camp?
If your camper will be absent from camp for the day, please call 408.357.7416 or email us at email@example.com to let our staff know.
Camper Code of Conduct & Behavior Policy
Please click here to see the Camper Code of Conduct. Please review this with your campers before their first day of camp.
Who will be supervising my child?
Our staff are put through an intensive, one-week, professional training before they begin working at camp. In addition, all staff are CPR and First Aid Certified and have been fingerprinted and have passed a background check/ LiveScan. Our staff ratios are in accordance with American Camp Association guidelines.
Camp Hours for Grades 1-8
- Drop Off: Staggered drop off will begin at 8:45am.
- Pick Up: 4:00pm
- Camp Office: The camp office is open 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
An important part of the camp experience is developing new relationships and trying new things. We encourage you to allow your camper to be placed at random instead of in a requested group. However, if you still prefer campers to be in the same group, you may email requests to firstname.lastname@example.org with both campers first and last name, program registered for and which weeks they would like to be together. We will do our best to accommodate your request; however we cannot guarantee your camper’s placement in the same group as other campers.
Campers in Sababa (grades 6-8) will travel to field trips two days per week. These trips will be a combination of trips, local parks, and service oriented. Field trips will take place during normal Camp hours. Campers will be transported via vans.
- Campers will be supervised by their cabin counselors in small groups at all times during field trips
- Campers must wear their Camp Shalom shirt on field trip days.
- All campers in eligible groups will attend field trips. We are not able to provide supervision on-site at camp for campers who do not want to attend scheduled field trips.
Daily Activities & Sample Schedule
Sample Schedule – Traditional Camps
9:15am-9:30am Songs and Announcements
9:30am-10:00am Cabin Meeting
10:00am-11:00am Visual Arts
11:00am-12:00pm Field Games
1:00pm-1:30pm Turtle Time/Quiet Individual Choice Time
4:00pm-6:00pm Extended Care (Additional Fee, Registration Required in Advance)
Sample Schedule – Specialty Camps
9:15am-9:30am Songs and Announcements
9:30am-12:00pm Specialty Activities
1:00pm-2:15pm Specialty Activities
2:30pm-3:30pm Specialty Activities
4:00pm-6:00pm Extended Care (Additional Fee, Registration Required in Advance)
*Snack – brought from home
You can always contact our Camp Office, 408.357.7416 or email@example.com, to speak with our knowledgeable camp staff.
For preschool and rising kindergarten campers you may contact the Preschool Camp Office directly at 408.357.7417 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will send out a weekly Welcome Email the Friday prior to your campers program with up to date information, as well as reminders.
Communication though App
Be on the lookout for messages and updates through the Procare app! You will receive instructions prior to the start of your camp session.
Follow Camp Shalom
Stay up to date on all that Camp Shalom has to offer by following Camp Shalom online!
Follow us on Instagram at CampShalomJCC
Check out Camp Shalom on Facebook at CampShalomJCC
Sign-Up to receive our year-round monthly newsletter HERE
What to Expect
Most campers will have the chance to swim in the APJCC’s heated outdoor pool. Camp groups swim one at a time to ensure a maximum staff-to-swimmer ratio and maximum fun!
- Traditional camp groups and Dagesh: Recreational swim twice per week.
- Sports & Swimming Specialty Camp: Swim four times during the week.
- Musical Theater Specialty Camp: Recreational swim once per week.
- Circus & STEAM camps will not swim during the camp day so they can focus on their specialties.
Your camper’s swim days will be determined ahead of time and we will communicate that to you.
What to Bring
- Pool shoes (preferably slip-on shoes or sandals)
- Goggles (optional)
- Puddle Jumper or Life Jacket, must be U.S. Coast Guard Certified (optional)
Please make sure all belongings are labeled with your child’s name.
Water wings are not permitted. Please refrain from bringing large floaties.
In pool supervision
The pool is staffed and supervised by the JCC Aquatics Director, certified lifeguards, and swim instructors. Campers are supervised in the pool by Camp Shalom staff and JCC aquatics staff at all times in adherence with ACA ratio regulations.
Camp Shalom is proud to have a licensed Camp Medic on staff.
We are an allergy aware camp. Every effort will be made to reduce exposure to common allergens.
If your child has any allergies or medical needs, please indicate this when completing your camp forms, on the Health Information via your online account. In addition, you can contact our Camp Medic who can work directly with you with regard to your child’s specific needs. A doctor’s note may be required in order to dispense medication.
You can email our camp medic at email@example.com with any questions prior to or during camp.
Please make sure to complete your Health Information form no later than May 20, 2022. Your child may not start camp until their health form is completed.
4:00pm – 6:00pm
- Campers will be checked into Extended Care directly after the end of the regular camp day.
- When picking up your child please park your vehicle and walk to the Camp Office main door.
- Camp staff will greet you, check you have signed out via the Procare App and walk your child to you.
Advance registration is required for Extended Care. In order to maintain safe and legal ratios, we are unable to accommodate drop-ins.
What to Expect
Campers will have an opportunity to hang out with friends, play games and do projects during this time. The Extended Care program is more loosely structured than the rest of the camp day.
For additional information visit out Extended Care page.
How do I apply for a Campership?
Camp Shalom provides a limited number of camperships (need-based scholarships) to campers who qualify. Scholarship applications for summer camp are due on April 1, 2022.
Applicants will be informed of scholarship decisions prior to the camp pay in full day, May 20, 2022. To apply for a scholarship, please complete the following items:
- Camp Registration Form – submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online Campership Application
- Most recent tax return
- Recent pay stubs or W-2
- A brief personal statement, describing your need and how this JCC program would benefit your child.
All items must be submitted in order to apply for financial aid. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please contact the camp office at 408.357.7416 or email@example.com with any questions.
More weeks = more discounts!
Weeks of camp are counted per family per order; additional weeks added after the initial order may not qualify. The discount will be applied at the time of your final payment and will not be reflected in your initial total. Please note, Camp Katan and Yoetz are not eligible for the Multi-Session Discount.
|Number of Weeks||Discount Off Total|
Please note, in order to receive member pricing on camp, your child must be a JCC member at the time of signup and during the time they are attending camp. (If your family has a child enrolled at the APJCC Preschool during spring or fall 2022, all children in your family will receive member pricing for Camp Shalom, even if they are not JCC members.)