Dear Preschool Camp families,
We hope you are staying safe and healthy and getting along well at home. No doubt, as the weeks tick by, you’re beginning to think about the summer and whether we’ll be able to open camp for your preschoolers.
The health and safety of everyone in our camp community is always our highest priority. Like you, we have been watching the evolving guidance from local officials as we prepare for the summer season. We are also keeping up-to-date on state-level decisions and continue to monitor advice issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the American Camp Association (ACA), and the California Community Care Licensing Division (CCLD).
Camp Shalom has decided to offer a virtual camp experience, “Camp Shalom to Go,” for campers in 1st grade and up beginning on June 8th. Based on what we currently know, we have made the decision to begin in-person camp for children in Pashoshim (ages 18 months-2yrs) and Katan (ages 2-5 years), beginning on July 20th, when Session 2 is scheduled to start. Though it will look different than what we’re used to, we plan to provide a fun and engaging in-person camp experience that meets CDC, ACA, and CCLD guidelines to maintain the strictest health and safety requirements.
If your child is registered for session 1, please review the following options:
- Option 1: Apply your existing payment to reserve your spot for summer 2021.
- Option 2: Apply your existing payment toward any future APJCC program.
- Option 3: Donate all or part of your deposit to support scholarships for other children who will attend Camp Shalom.
- Option 4: Request a full refund. With the extended closure of our business operations, refunds may take longer than normal to process. We will work to expedite these requests but please note, this may take up to 3 months.
Please email email@example.com to inform us of your choice.
Here is what you need to know about Session 2 (7/20-8/20): Depending on state and county guidelines, we anticipate running camp with reduced group sizes and reduced hours. If your child is already registered for session 2, your spot in our program will be held. We will contact you with further information.
Because camp will be different, the pricing has been simplified.
Camp fees for the 5-week session:
- Half Day: 9:00am-12:30pm, $1533
- Full Day: 9:00am-4:30pm, $2340
As a reminder, we have updated our refund policy to address concerns related to COVID-19. The updated policies and most up-to-date information can be found at
We are eager to provide a rewarding camp experience for our campers this summer. In the meantime, we send good wishes to everyone in our camp family.
Camp Shalom: Director for Pashoshim & Katan