Summer camp 2021 will be in-person and will build on our successful in-person summer 2020 program. Here’s how to get the details:
- For preschool-age and rising kindergarten campers, see the Camp Katan page.
- For campers in grades 1-8, see the Traditional Camp and Specialty Camp pages.
- For grades 9-10, see the Yoetz page.
- For campers with special needs, see Camp Chaverim.
How to register: Go to the Online Enrollment page. Registration will start in February.
COVID-19 Precautions: Health and safety are Camp Shalom’s top priority. See our COVID-19 page for details about health and safety protocols.
We look forward to seeing you this summer! For more information, contact us at email@example.com.
Camp Shalom is part of the Addison-Penzak Jewish Community Center. Facilities include a large athletic field, heated swimming pool, air-conditioned camper classrooms, three playgrounds, theater auditorium, dance studio, art studio, kitchen for camper cooking activities, on-site café, outdoor tennis courts, and full court basketball gymnasium. COVID safety protocols are observed.
All the Details
More details are coming soon!
Camp Katan (preschool camp) will run a single 9-week session in Summer 2021, in compliance with current state preschool licensing regulations that would otherwise require children to take 2 weeks off between sessions. Currently we plan to allow campers in 1st-8th grades to sign up for 1-week camp sessions, state and county regulations permitting. Camp Yoetz (9th-10th grades) will consist of 4-week sessions. We realize that circumstances are rapidly changing due to the COVID pandemic, and for that reason we are offering a very flexible refund policy for summer 2021. If we change dates or cancel sessions, you will receive a full refund, including your deposit.
For complete details about dates and rates, please see the Dates & Rates page.
Camp Katan Hours
- Camp Katan (camp for preschoolers and rising kindergarteners) starts at 8:30am and ends at 12:00pm for half day camps and and at 4:00pm for full-day camps.
- Drop Off: 8:30am
- Pick Up: 12:00pm (half day) and 4:00pm (full-day)
- Preschool Camp Office: The preschool camp office is open 8:00am-4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Camp Hours for Grades 1-10
- Camp hours are 9:00am-4:00pm.
- Drop Off: There will be two staggered drop off times beginning at 8:40am. You will be assigned a drop off time before the start of camp.
- Pick Up: Camp ends at 4:00pm. Camper pickup is 4:00-4:15pm.
- Extended Care for Grades 1-8 only: 4:00-6:00pm
- Camp Office: The camp office is open 9:00am-4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Each week of traditional camp (1st-10th grades) has its own special theme, and a focus on a specific Jewish value. Themes for summer 2021 are as follows: